COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Minimizing the risk of COVID-19 spread and infection has been given careful consideration and care by the conference organizers. All federal, state, local, and University COVID-19 policies will be strictly adhered to. In addition, after ongoing discussions with healthcare practitioners and researchers, we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of attendees and staff:
- Masks will be required at all times (except when eating) regardless of federal, state, and local masks mandates
- Vaccination is strongly encouraged but not required
- At check-in, attendees will be asked to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, sudden loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, etc.) All attendees will be sent a list of the symptoms that will not be tolerated at the event in the days leading up to the conference
- Attendees are kindly asked (but not required) to test for COVID-19 infection within 72 hours leading up to the conference
- Social distancing measures will be taken whenever possible. We have ensured that our venue space has ample square footage to do so
- Outdoor space is reserved for those who prefer to eat or socialize outside
- All food items will be individually wrapped and prepackaged
- A color-coded wristband system will be implemented to inform attendees of attendee comfort/risk level (Red wristband=I am high risk/live with someone who is a high risk, please maintain extra distance from me, no physical contact is welcome, Yellow wristband=I am COVID cautious, while I ask that you maintain appropriate physical distancing, I am open to elbow bumps)
- Appropriate signage and sanitizing stations will be located throughout the entire venue
- Rooms will be stocked with sanitizing supplies and will be cleaned regularly between sessions
We all have a shared responsibility for minimizing the risk of COVID-19. Conference organizers request that all attendees adhere to these carefully curated COVID-19 policies. Attendees can do their part to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 by bringing and properly using an appropriate face covering, practicing adequate physical distancing, respecting others’ wishes according to the color-coded bracelet system, self-screening for symptoms and exposure, testing before attending, and getting vaccinated. High-risk attendees should take extra consideration before joining in-person. Violation of these policies can result in removal from the event.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the flexible and evolving nature of this crisis. We look forward to meeting you in-person and will continue to keep your safety at the forefront of our planning. If you have suggestions or concerns about COVID-19 policies please contact the conference organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For other COVID related information visit,